Mediation Services And Family Law Attorneys in Fayetteville, Arkansas
Kimberly Canova is a Certified Mediators and Attorney in Fayetteville, Arkansas who is dedicated to providing mediation services and legal assistance in all categories in Family Law.
“Negotiation is what mediation is about.”
Mediation provides a way to resolve conflict outside of the courtroom. In 1995, Mediation was coded into Arkansas Law and is classified as Alternative Dispute Resolution. Mediation can be used to resolve any conflict, and is frequently used in disagreements of domestic relations, such as divorce and child custody arrangements.
CANOVA LAW & MEDIATION assists both parties in making informed decisions. The resolution of the mediation, called a Memorandum of Understanding, will spell out the agreement and be attached to a court order to be prepared by you or your attorney. MEDIATORS cannot act as a lawyer or provide legal representation to either party. But we can help you make educated, thorough, and solid decisions.
Awards and honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® — a widely respected mark of achievement signifying quality legal work, professionalism and solid ethical standards
- Top Lawyers in Arkansas – The Legal Network 2014 – Highest in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence
- Client Distinction Award – martindale.com – Recognized for Excellence – Quality of Service, Overall Value, Responsiveness and Communicatiion Ability
- Best of CLE from the Arkansas Bar Association for contribution to the Continuing Education of Arkansas Attorneys
- Voted Best of the Best Attorney by the readers of the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
Admitted to practice
- Arkansas, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- University of Arkansas, J.D., 1992
- Hendrix College, B.A., 1989
- Certified Mediator through the Arkansas Alternative Dispute Resolution Commission since 2005
Areas of practice
- Family law
- Domestic relations
- Child custody
- Child support
- Grandparents visitation rights
- Non-custodial Visitation rights